Sunday, May 1, 2016

Pure Love

The overstuffed room was bursting with love in honor of my grandparents sixtieth wedding anniversary.
Surrounded by lifelong friends and family; we shared in delicious food, laughter, and dancing.
It was overwhelming to hear the stories, and watch my grandma and grandpa react to the memories.
Some could hardly contain their tears of gratitude.
Others sparked an explosion of joy with their recollection of a wild adventure, never before shared.
I scanned the room and witnessed pure love.
My grandparents have blessed me with unconditional love, support, and guidance; whether on family vacations or working for the family business––my grandparents never missed an opportunity to inspire a teachable lesson.
Faith, integrity, loyalty, positivity, and fearlessness have been instilled in my life in great part because of my grandparents.
The most meaningful lesson I learned from my grandparents, is something they continue to live by today: family and friends first.
I’m honored to have such magnificent role models.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Smith.
Congratulations on sixty years of love.

No comments: