Thursday, July 28, 2016

Starbucks NYC

It’s been fourteen years since I’ve lived in New York City;
And it’s as if no time has passed as I write from the Starbucks on 40th and Lexington Avenue.
This was not my “home” Starbucks, but aren't they all the same?
I spent so many hours of my life (pre-marriage) journaling, dreaming, and plotting my career path in a Starbucks;
Surrounded by strangers who felt like family at Starbucks––we all shared common themes: aspiring actor–writer–director–students–without–air conditioning in the summer heat.
Which is very similar to my circumstances today.
While I’m much older––and can actually afford air-conditioning now; I am in a city that I no longer have a home––so I found solace in my family at Starbucks.
In between meetings and meeting up with friends, I happily hack away at my computer––finishing a chapter in my new book, and catching up on emails.
The traffic is at a standstill, but my creativity is in full-force;
That’s the beauty of New York––once you're here, you can’t fight the energy.
I’m delighted to visit NYC for a trip down memory lane, however, I’m so grateful that I achieved my goals in this city––with nothing to prove here––I enjoy visiting friends, working my gig, and returning home to my family!
I enjoy NYC, I LOVE LA.

No comments: