Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday

Coffee time with my family;
Our puppies cuddled in our laps––as we sip our caffeine and catch up on the current state of our lives.
We sit and read the news (online, of course) and discuss the fate of the world––just like grandma and grandpa used to do.
Lazily, we make our way to the bathroom and start to groom ourselves for whatever the day holds in store:
I may go to yoga––if I can rally and remind myself how accomplished I’ll feel afterwards;
Or, I might skip yoga and go to brunch with a friend instead.
I’ll need to find time to be with God––in His house or mine––it makes no difference, I just need to connect; it’s always beneficial to remember that there is a power greater than I can imagine in control.
In the meantime, I sit quietly on our sofa taking stock in the blessings I have. There’s no pressure to overachieve or attend to anything other than the present.

No comments: