Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Surrender

At the end of a challenging work day––I encouraged myself to go to a yoga class last night;
The class was strenuous and pushed me past my breaking point.
I felt like giving up and walking out––but a voice inside continued to drive me through the pain, anguish, and physical weakness.
At the end of class––while lying in shavasana––I had a breakthrough.
As I melted into the floor, the word surrender entered my conscious;
I began crying uncontrollably.
I started to release the anger, fear, doubt, and frustration––and surrendered to the fact that the circumstances I was struggling with were out of my control.
Suddenly I was overcome with joy.
My tears of disappointed transitioned into tears of gratitude; enlightenment.
I’m finished with fighting;
I always thought I had to push myself past, through, on top of, etc.
The truth is: I just have to release.

No comments: