Thursday, January 26, 2017

I Am Awake.

I’ve spent too much of my life trying to plan every moment down to the last detail.
Worried that I might miss an opportunity, I was constantly seeking to do more.
Always aware that I had a problem staying present, and often concerned that I would end up like those people...
The kind who are never happy with where they’re at or what they’ve accomplished.
They experience only fleeting moments of (what they perceive as) joy.
Until one day I woke up and realized I was, one of those people.
That was the instant I decided to surrender.
Now, I constantly seek balance through living in the present.
It’s not always easy––more often it’s difficult––but I’m aware of my patterns and ready to live the life that is waiting for me.
My creativity, passion, and tenacity are fueled by Faith instead of fear.
I am awake.

No comments: