Thursday, January 19, 2017

Trust The Path...

“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”
This statement––uttered my countless inspirational mentors and leaders––has been a reoccurring sentiment in my life.
I have dedicated my entire adult (and most of my teenage years) planning, training, preparing, studying, working, fighting––waiting for the opportunity.
I have been blessed with a bountiful amount adventures as a performer, choreographer, teacher, and now author; yet I continue to fall victim to the need to push for more.
Is it the human condition?  I don’t know.
I am certain that I have sufficiently laid the foundation for my future––whatever it may bring––and I could stand to trust, a great deal more.
What good is Faith, if you can’t count on in unconditionally?
What I’ve remembered (again) today: when I focus on the creativity, and nothing else, the opportunity will eventually come... and I will be ready.
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” ––John Lennon

No comments: