Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Mom's Back In Town...

My mom and step-dad stood on the curb at LAX waiting for me with a smile and a boatload of suitcases––they’re only staying a week––but unlike me, they don’t mind checking bags.
Per mom’s request, we headed down to the South Bay (where I grew up) to eat at one of our favorite restaurants.  The hole-in-the-wall greasy family operated Mexican café was every bit as delicious as it was twenty years ago... the only difference is the reaction my body has to it.
Apparently overly-salted foods with too much dairy and lard don’t sit well in my yoga body; I think my stomach literally said, “Gurgle, gurgle...YOgattaBeKiddingMe!”
We decided to watch a movie when we got home and without missing a beat, my mom pulled out a bag full of candy and chocolate; some things do not change...and I LOVE it.
I’m in heaven when my family is in town; my waistline is in hell...

No comments: