Thursday, January 4, 2018

Stillness Is Where Creativity And Solutions Are Found.

I know people who seek drama, they think it makes them more creative; a real artist.
I’ve always been attracted to chaos, not necessarily in my personal life, but  among the talented circle of creative individuals I’ve surrounded myself with.
Then, I found myself on a project working alongside a dark, troubled, incredibly talented choreographer who thought it was a wise choice to create unnecessary friction between the cast.  I would leave the studio with a headache and spend the evening in a mild state of depression.
Slowly, I started to pull away from the rest of the cast––I found a quite corner in the rehearsal hall and read, journaled, or listened to classical music.
That’s when I first discovered the magic of stillness.  Throughout the remainder of the rehearsal process, my creativity and ability flourished; while the rest of my colleagues battled with injuries, struggled to stay positive, and continued to receive notes regarding their less-than-favorable performances.
That show was a wonderful opportunity for me to learn the value of serenity; giving myself permission to disconnect from the noise and find the gift of inner peace.

No comments: