Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Recovery Road

How many days does it take to recover from a three week tour across the country?
I might be able to answer this question more honestly if I weren’t so busy sleeping.
I’ve spent the past three days in and out of a bear–like hibernation; where I used to wake up early and conquer the world in three hours, I find myself accomplishing the smallest of tasks: like emptying the dishwasher––followed with a two-hour nap on the couch.
My grandpa used to tell me that you could never catch up on time––I’m not sure if that is scientifically proven (and I’m too lazy to open a new search window to Google it) but it makes sense.
How on earth am I supposed to recover from a month of fourteen hour days?
I need a vacation!
Instead, I’m going back out on the road.
No one said the glamorous life was easy.  Work hard, play hard, and sleep when you’re dead.

No comments: