Friday, July 22, 2016

Truth on Tour: Day 23

Four cities in three weeks;
Hotel rooms have become my new home––thankfully tomorrow I return to my family and life in LA.
The pause button is pressed on the road;
Friends, family, and projects continue without you.
I set resolutions in an effort to stay focused on the positive aspects of my time away from loved ones––no distraction or goal is great enough to completely soothe the hardship that distance creates.
Still I found time to create, laugh, meditate, develop new friendships, perform, and collect a paycheck.
Life is full of tradeoffs;
Some are harder than others.
When I left Los Angeles I was overwhelmed at the daunting schedule that I had committed to; but I reminded myself to stay present and focus on one day at a time––in doing so, I found balance every day and the opportunity to evolve as a person and artist.
There is nothing more liberating than the power of awareness and the freedom of making a choice: stay present and make the best of every circumstance.

No comments: