Friday, September 30, 2016

Dear Media: Act Your Age

I started watching the news in high school, in an effort to stay informed, prepare for the “real world”, and to assimilate with the cool artists at the hip coffee houses I would frequent.
As technology advanced, I started collecting my news and current events from other sources––now the iPhone has an app that curates the news and information that might be important to me, based on algorithms I don’t even understand.
So when I turned on CNN today I was shocked.
I spent my life trying to stay informed and educated about world events, meanwhile the “news anchors” and talking heads go out of there way to bring the conversation back to a dialogue I might have heard during a lunch room fight among the cheerleaders and the nerds.
When did the media stop acting their age?

No comments: