Thursday, January 5, 2017

No No Negativity

Despite my best efforts to remain present yesterday, I allowed a circumstance to keep me in a negative mood––further adding  to my anger, I started to compare my situation to how I might have handled the moment last year––this lead me down an even darker spiral.
I followed the tools I’ve implemented and received small doses of inner peace; breath by breath; by the end of the day I was once again aligned with the present.
This morning I woke up with a mild hangover of emotions––not wanting a repeat of yesterday––I quickly turned to my morning check in (which involves reading a personal growth book and journaling), I turned to the chapter that I was reading in “The Power of Now” and the heading read:
Using and Relinquishing Negativity.
If that isn’t an incredible message from God and The Universe.
I laughed out loud––literally, not like an LOL response to something we don’t find funny on social media but feel the need to support our friends anyway; I read the chapter and once again received the message.
Negativity equals resistance.
My ego needed a boost and I caved to my inner manipulation.
But not today!
Nothing good comes from darkness; it is in the light that we shine.
No. NO. Negativity.

No comments: