Sunday, February 11, 2018

Whatever The Situation; That Is Life.

I used to complain a lot.
I’m a very happy person and have been most of my life, still, I would always find a reason to nag.
As I’ve grown––traveled, worked, studied, evolved––I’ve discovered that successful people seldom complain.
Rather than seeing a negative, I’ve habitually trained myself to find a positive in every circumstance.
Naturally I don’t always succeed, I’m still human, but I’ve found a balance in my outlook.  Now, when I’m in a mood or struggling with a circumstance I force myself to admit: “This is life.”
Often, that simple admission is enough to return to the present.
When I acknowledge aloud that I know that I’m being ridiculous, I find it much harder to continue the destructive mindset...the situation is what it is; but I can choose to react based on my ability to breath and release, rather than out of fear and anger.

No comments: