Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear Blog

Dear Blog,
I've been writing daily entries now for almost a year-
I realize that not every post is amazing, or worthy of a large audience, and massive praise...
However, I expected by now, that I'd at least peak the interest of more than two people.
Given that I have well over 1,000 friends on Facebook (not to brag just to illustrate my point...)
Yet, here I sit with only two followers!
Then I realized this morning (thanks to the help of one of my best friends who tried to subscribe to my blog site)
that there is no easy way for random people to "follow" my blog or subscribe to my feed without signing up for their own Blogger account.
After further research, I understand that there are several third party applications that allow for an email subscriber list, and after spending twenty or more minutes signing up and trying to copy the HTML into my blog site, I was unable to reach a solution!
I thought the whole purpose for blogging, is an open form to share my thoughts, feelings and exciting news- without obligation.
I learned a valuable lesson today-
NOTHING works the way you hope it does.
At least I feel a little better about having only two "followers" almost a year into my blog adventure-
I'm grateful to the both of you... wherever you are.
P. S. Please tell your friends...
Because my friends and family could care less!

No comments: