Sunday, July 21, 2013

Remembering Gram

The past three weeks since my grandmas death has been full of ups and downs-
I've been swamped with work, which has provided a needed distraction, but the moments of intense sadness and loss still overwhelm me. 
When I first wake in the morning is generally the worst.
Still, I'm able to recognize that all of the sad thoughts, regrets and wishing for a different outcome, won't bring gram back to me-
Nor will it encourage me to continue to pursue the goals and dreams that I have been working for my entire life. No one believed in me more or wanted these dreams to manifest for me more than gram did.
She understood my passion, inspired me to work at my dreams and never give up!
So rather than allowing the despair to conquer the spirit that my gram ignited in me-
I must celebrate her memory and her spirt that lives on in me.
I owe her the honor of continuing to be that man she believed I could be.
I have to release the negative and embrace her light.
I know she'll continue to inspire me to shine!

No comments: