Tuesday, May 5, 2015

With A Present Like Today...

Who cares about tomorrow?
Fleeting moments of clarity always arrive precisely when you need them most.
It’s so easy to become overwhelmed with the quest for continued success, that I miss opportunities to bathe in the accomplishment that surround me now.
The best birthday present I received this year, was one I gave myself; the gift of release.
Release the need to:
Do it all.
Keep lists.
Cross things off lists.
Predict the future.
Maintain a perfect body.
Deprive myself of guilty pleasures (in moderation).
It’s frightening to let go of the obsessive behavior that I connect to my success.
Will I still get things accomplished?  Will I be ready for the future?  Will I overlook an email and lose an opportunity?
No.  I believe I will enjoy the work in front of me. I will be more productive and I will be able to celebrate accomplishments as they happen.
More than anything, there will be less stress in my life and I will be able to find the balance I’ve been seeking for years.
My Faith reminds me that I will be where I need to be, when I need to be there.
What’s that quote? Today is always here––tomorrow, never!

No comments: