Saturday, August 11, 2018

Boston Dance United; Day 7

Another season of dance has twirled by.
Countless plane rides between twenty states and two countries; and thousands of dancers.
Somehow, I’ve managed to choreograph enough content to keep the work fresh and my Instagram feed engaged––because you know it’s all about the social presence.
I’ve been more inspired than ever, giving myself the permission to be in the moment and trust that my work will mirror what the music and the artists’ energy is asking for.
If I said that I wasn’t concerned about turning forty and––still––being relevant (or even capable of dancing full out in class), I would be lying.
Thankfully, with a lot of help from my daily yoga practice, I think that I grew as a teacher and danced alongside the students in my classes a lot more, too!
I feel blessed for the opportunities to continue to cultivate my voice in dance.

No comments: