Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Honor Your Vows

I told myself when I turned forty that I would ease up on myself;
I didn’t need to push so much;
Work so hard;
Or invest so deeply into every project.
Here I am a week away from forty-one, and I have not stayed true to my vow.
In fact, I’ve even regressed.  Back into that aggressive, hustling, overachiever.
I don’t like that person.  Of course that guy gets things accomplished, but does he enjoy the process?  NO.
Eckhart Tolle says (and I’m paraphrasing), “By acknowledging your fears, you return to the present.”
So there it is… .
I’ve said it. Now, I have to change it.
I want this decade to be filled with joy, creativity (because I’m passionate not pushing), and balance.
I know that I can achieve this; I MUST let go.
Trust, breathe, stay present.

No comments: