Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, Same You––Evolved.

I’m giving up.
Not on life, or my creative path, or my family, or anything wild like that;
I’m using this year to surrender.
Letting go of the need to do––well, anything.
I know what you’re thinking, “You say you’re giving up, yet you sit in front of your computer typing away on a blog post.”
Okay, to be fair––it’s true––I have a hard time with inactivity.
But that’s not why I keep a blog.
This daily experiment started in 2010, after the passing of my grandfather.
I set a goal to write every day for a year––and in doing so––I discovered that my outlook on life changed for the better.
My ability to write about almost anything evolved, too, (which is good if you’re trying to be a writer and “find your voice”) and here I sit 7 years later, a published author.
I have no idea what’s around the corner for me in 2017, and I’m completely comfortable with that.
I learned how to be present last year––truly present in every moment––which lead to soaring victories for me personally and professionally; and the strangest thing is that the more that I let go and accepted the path that was in front of me, the more brilliant the opportunities that followed.
So here I am looking a fresh new year directly in the eyes, and I see hope, joy, creativity, and even more growth as a person and artist.
A very wise man (my husband) said that he wanted to greet the first day of the new year with the same tone and intentions that he plans on proceeding with for the rest of the year, and that’s precisely what we did.
I had no agenda today; I spent my time with loved ones, doing what we love––without expectation.
I’m ready for you 2017, and I promise to do my best to be present in every moment, live fully, take action––and yes––surrender when that is the clear choice.

No comments: