Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote!

The day has finally come! After nearly two years of back and forth mudslinging, lies and ruthless (mostly bias) media coverage... Election day is upon us! I'm proud to say that I woke up bright and early at 6:45 AM to be among the first on the west coast to cast my vote! When I showed up at my voting location, I was overwhelmed at the turn out!!! ...The line to vote stretched around the front of the building and up the hill. I waited almost an hour to walk in, blot my vote in ink, and scan it into the electronic scan machines that we have here in Los Angeles.
It was worth every second that passed in that line. The joy, comradeship and history making lines made every single person voting with me proud to be an American!
I've voted in every election since I turned 18... It has been something that I've always admired about my family. My Grandma Shaffer served on the Democratic council in Colorado for over 30 years... And my Grandpa Smith was the County Commissioner in his hometown in Colorado, where I saw first hand the positive affect one person can have on our Democracy.

So whatever your belief is, whom ever you trust as our next President... Please vote! Go now, get off the internet and GO VOTE!!

No comments: