Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lame!

I can't help but think, what's up with the music industry? Though I have a feeling it started slowly several years ago... I first took notice a few months back while watching the MTV Music Awards...
But tonight, after watching the Tree Lighting at Rockefeller Center on NBC, it was abundantly clear that the Jonas Brothers suck!  How on earth do people enjoy hearing or watching them perform.  A.) They can't sing. B.) They're huge nerds... and not the cool kind!  C.) They are so lame- ass boring to watch... 
You have these amazing musical artist like; Tony Bennett, Beyonce, Harry Connick Jr. and (by far the best performance of the night...) David Cook performing his rendition of Happy Christmas by the great, late John Lennon.  Obviously the Jonas Brothers have a ton of fans. I just don't understand how and why?  
To add insult to injury, I changed the channel and found yet another music industry theme show... The Grammy Nomination Concert.  Okay first, GROSS! Do we REALLY need a televised musical show announcing the Grammy nominations before we see the EXACT SAME PERFORMANCES two months from now!?!?
What's worse? Having to hear Taylor Swift sing I'm Sorry... Believe me, I was!  Of course her voice is fine, and that's the problem.  She's just this safe, generic pretty blonde- Nothing special.  And therein lies the predicament.   Too many TV shows with the exact same formula...  they're tired, uninspired and predictable.  Just like all the new uber cheesy pop/rock star / wannabe actor's performing on them.

No comments: