Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Am I The Biggest Loser?

Tonight I sat in my bedroom and watched "The Biggest Loser" while eating Dove chocolates with a caramel center, strategically placed atop a milk chocolate covered graham cracker...  I cried like a little bitch. The funny thing is, I'm not sure if I was crying because of how inspiring the stories were, or that I was almost out of chocolate...
The thing is I could never imagine weighing 342 pounds... I hate that I weigh 160! I know I could do better. But that would mean giving up the small joys in life. Like going to Carney's on Sunset and ordering a chili cheese burger w/ grilled onions and an order of chili cheese fries. ...Maybe I could skip the ranch dressing that I bathe the cheese fries in? But then really, what's the point?

I guess the point is to live a longer, healthier, more beautiful life. In the same breath, what's the fun in living longer if you're always hungry and deprived of the tantalizing, sweet aroma of a large "Meatlovers" pizza with extra cheese, dipped in ranch dressing?

Okay, I admit that I follow a workout plan and I do try to eat junk food in moderation... I believe I could make more of an effort! Especially now that I'm almost 21... (I may be exaggerating a bit on my true age...) Nevertheless, I am a self confessed "foodie."   I'd love to say that I eat to live, but that would be a greater embellishment than my previously stated age.

So, my hats off to all of the contestants on their journey to getting fit. Not only do I admire your hard work, but I appreciate your sacrifice. I'd offer you some of my chocolates as a "special treat" ...but I just looked down, and the bag is empty!

No comments: