Sunday, January 4, 2015

Time With My Niece

All it takes is a day in the snow with a four year old to remember what life is all about.
My niece is full of personality, and clever, too.
(Which is a lethal combination!)
Even as an actor, I forget the power of imagination––never fear, a four year old will reignite the sense of play faster than Olaf will melt in Nevada!
My niece also has the power to charm me into a galloping horse; and no matter how many times I say, "this is the last time, okay?"  She looks up at me with her gorgeous blue eyes and electric smile and says (in the most adorable voice possible), "just one more time?"
Naturally, I concede despite the fact that my back feels like it's going to break in half, and my knees feel like a racing horse after ten years at the Kentucky Derby!
I just remind myself how lucky I am that she remembers me and wants to spend time with me––regardless of the fact that I live a thousand miles away, and see her only every few months in person, and weekly on FaceTime. (Thank god for #Apple iPhone!)

No comments: