Monday, January 16, 2017

Enlightenment Addicted

I’m constantly seeking enlightenment;
Addicted to my evolution spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically, and artistically.
Never one to accept where I’m at, as a child I was always questioning, thinking, and worrying about things that I had very little control of––now, I recognize that my obsessive-compulsive behavior and type A personality didn't help my circumstances.
As an adult, I’ve refocused my obsession to find peace in the present moment.
It’s a daily challenge––more often than not––I fall short, but I haven’t stopped seeking enlightenment.
On good days, I find the simple release and acceptance of “what is” remarkably effortless;
But the “bad” days are tough.
I’ve had a taste of enlightenment, and now I want to overdose on it.
Unfortunately, the prescription is hard to fill––it requires me to let go of the bullshit and stay present.

No comments: