Monday, January 9, 2017

Okay, I Get It! Surrender...

My primary focus in life has been to evolve as a person and artist; every single day.
Seeking to learn more, serve more, and experience new opportunities and adventures that will elevate my purpose on earth.
Over time, I have discovered practical ways to stay present and achieve balance.
Last year was a time of abundant growth creativity and personally.
Hoping to continue to the momentum, I added another layer to my daily practice of seeking light, releasing negativity, and taking action; I decided to incorporate the action of “surrender.”
To my surprise, the first week of this year was extraordinarily more complicated.
In adding surrender, I somehow lost sight of the fact that I could still, seek light, take action, and be present.
Today, I woke up ready to refocus and remove the “new addition”, and go back to what worked in 2016.
As I turned to my morning reading––currently “The Power Of Now”––I opened my bookmark, and the chapter I turned to was: The Meaning Of Surrender.
Wow; okay, I get it.
God, The Universe, my instinct all said, “You need to learn how to surrender the correct way.”
I reread the chapter and remembered that Action and Surrender can coexist.
In fact, they are both necessary for growth.
Surrender does not mean that I should stop trying and accept that where I’m at is as good as it gets; it simply means trusting that through acceptance of what is, I can further work to seek positive action toward what I want.

No comments: