Friday, April 1, 2011

Zen Beach Day

Once in a while I have to allow myself to take a break from the self-inflicted nonstop hustle.
It's very easy in Los Angeles to slip through the cracks...
Or worse, stand by and watch as the life you were meant to have is realized by someone else, while you're out playing in the sun.
When I started out on my own, I spent every ounce of time focused on my career. I had fun, however, I never truly allowed myself to let go and enjoy the adventures that life has to offer. As I got a little older, and more years of professional experience under my belt, I was more comfortable with the idea that not every day had to be work, work, work.
Then, when my Gramps died, I decided to re-prioritize my life. I know that I can live a full life in the short amount of time we have. I know that balance is the key ingredient for a life well lived.
I believe there is a time for work and a time for play. I'm proud that I've been able to apply that idea for the past two years with amazing success.
Last night, after a beautiful day at the beach, I started to give into the fear, doubt and insecurity that tells us that we can't enjoy a day off. I started to wonder if I was doing enough for my career. I began to panic.
Instead of continuing down that path of dark thoughts, I picked up my iPhone and watched the 30 second video I shot with my friends at the beach early that day...
Instantly I was calm. I remembered I have a great life, that I cannot take for granted.

My Zen Beach Day:

No comments: