Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Satisfaction...

In school I was forced to read books that teachers deemed important-
I enjoyed a few and loathed many.
Ultimately, I learned from all of them.
As an adult one of my favorite hobbies is reading.
I love essays, memoirs and historical based fiction.
I strive to read two books a month...
Sometimes I find the time,
Usually I'm lucky if I have the time to finish a book every two months.
The exact opposite of my goal.
In the summer I spend a lot more time traveling for work and pleasure, so I have more time to read.
It's for that reason that I seek out a book that is juicy, well reviewed and epic.
This summer I decided to read Stieg Larsson's third and final installment-
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest.
Despite the fact that it is a New York Times Bestseller, and that I read and loved the first two books, I was worried that the final book wouldn't have the closure I was looking for.
Considering that Stieg has since passed away, I feared I wouldn't like the end and I'd be angry.
Fortunately, I just finished the last chapter and the satisfaction is euphoric!
Too bad Stieg died so early in his life and career as a writer. He told a very well crafted story!

No comments: