Monday, July 23, 2012

You Got To Do What You Got To Do...

Sometimes in life you have to make tough decisions and say things to
people you don't necessarily want to say aloud, but they need to hear.
I've been putting off sending an email to a friend and colleague.
This morning, I forced myself to compose the dreaded email and click "send."
There's a huge part of me that feels relieved that I shared my point of view
(even though it was unsolicited.)
Of course, there's a large part of me that wonders if they're willing
to hear what I said without feeling they need to defend their actions.
The truth is-
I care about this person and believe they're talented and creative.
I just have to trust my instinct.
If the tables were turned, and a friend offered advice to me that would
help me succeed on my path-
It would bruise my ego, and then I'd remember that my ego is not
important...
But becoming a stronger, more creative person is.
I'd listen to what they had to say, and attempt to implement their ideas to see if the work!
Let's hope my friend will do the same!

No comments: