Sunday, September 30, 2012

Public Laughter Is Contagious

My favorite part of a weekend getaway to Palm Springs isn't the nightlife, although the gay disco tech we explored last night was mostly entertaining, in a flashback to "This Is Your Life" circa 1983 sort of way.
My real bliss comes from laying by the pool all day long with a magical book-
This weekend my book of choice is Chelsea Handler's "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang."
I CANNOT get enough.
I've always enjoyed Chelsea's irreverent and borderline hateful humor at the expensive of others- but this book is cocktails above her late night talk show chatter.
The book is intelligent, sharp and loaded with dynamite! I am very seriously, laughing out loud.
The best part, I'm doing so surrounded by innocent pool goers, who are doing their best to hide the fact that they're all laughing at me laughing out loud at a book.
I feel like the fat girl at prom- the one who's dancing with the hot boy and all the other kids are laughing out of insane jealousy!
The book is that delicious!
In fact, the mother of two unruly beasts of children came over just to tell me how entertaining my reactions are!
Now that's a golden pool moment!

No comments: