Monday, March 18, 2013

RecoNEcT Working! Week 10


This week I'm sending a thank you to a woman who has literally been a Godsend in my life.
My grandma lives 2,000 miles away and suffers from Parkinson's Disease.  Because of the nature of Parkinson's, one minute my grandma shows no signs of being sick, and within seconds she can become completely unable to walk, or function without assistance.
Of course this has been a difficult path for her and our family-
Especially because I live so far away.
I'm only able to help by checking in with her daily via the phone.
Fortunately, my grandma has a group of life long friends that act as her; hands when she can't write, her legs when she can't walk and her company when she gets lonely.
I'm reaching out to one of her oldest friends, who has dedicated her time, energy, love and support to helping my grandma when family is not available.
To put it simply, she is an angel.  We are blessed to have her in our lives.

No comments: