Thursday, November 23, 2017

Traditional Thanks

I woke up this morning next to my best friend.
We walked to Starbucks for matching Gingerbread latte’s; a tradition that we’ve had since we meet 15 years ago performing in the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
We returned to cuddle with our puppies on the couch whilst watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
I used to watch the parade with my grandma as a child;
the Broadway performances, marching bands, floats, and of course––New York City.
The parade inspired me to follow my dreams.
Now, as I look back on that tradition––one which sparked my own journey as a performer––I’m overcome with joy and gratitude.
What better way to spend Thanksgiving Day morning––with nostalgic memories from my past––and of course, creating new traditions in my present!

No comments: