Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Body (A Pep Talk)

I woke up hating my body.
I’ve been overindulging and it’s starting to show.
Forget the fact that I practice yoga every single day and because of it I’m stronger than ever; I still fall victim to the vanity of Ego.
I sat down to focus on my daily journal, meditation, and reading, opened up the book I’m reading, “A New Earth”, and laughed out loud when I saw the next chapter.  “Identification With the Body.”
It was the perfect less-than-subtle reminder from The Universe that I have to stop obsessing.
I am healthy mentally, emotionally, spiritually, AND physically.
Even when I’m up 5, okay 10 pounds on the scale––I know that “I” am not my body.  My body is a shell that holds my power, creativity, and wisdom.
Yes, I’d like to keep my outer shell in good shape––especially as I continue to age––however, I can’t preach balance and then judge myself when I’ve enjoyed a delicious meal.
So here I am, reminding myself that I am blessed with a body that can dance, act, jump, walk, and share love; so I MUST stop the self-hate!

No comments: