Thursday, October 4, 2018

Creative Writing Challenge; Writers' Group

She wouldn’t stop complaining, I had nothing left to calm her down and I was losing hope that she would snap out of it.  I shook her; I doused her face with cold water; I even tried tickling her, still she persisted to nag at me.  Finally, I sat down, took a deep breath and released a years worth of my own built up rage–––she deserved it after everything she’s put me through; I’m not sure if she was even listening to my rant, but it felt so good to get it off my chest.
This has been the hardest job I’ve ever worked, and there’s no sign of any chance for career advancement, I HAVE TO please her.
Once I had a dream that she would call me into her office and thank me.  Thank me for remembering to pick up her dry cleaning, or wash her car, or maybe, just maybe she would thank me for the stellar deal I helped her close.
I snapped back to reality at the sound of her $300 manicure scratching the side of the Eames lounge chair she was nesting in.

No comments: