Thursday, October 25, 2018

Hours of Entertainment

Like most dogs––my dog Lily chases her tail;
Tired and dizzy she stops and plops down like a lazy obese man after taking two steps.
She scouts out her favorite squeaky toy and taunts me with it.
Lily is a smart dog; she understands simple commands and even knows that when we say, “Time for bed!” She runs into our bedroom and jumps on the bed, so I can’t understand why she doesn't get the concept of catch.
Instead, she chomps down on the chewy rubber and drops it three feet from my chair.
Maybe she’s trying to tell me something? Perhaps I’m the lazy obese man and she’s doing her part to get me exercising.
Doesn't she realize that I practice 8 hours of yoga a week?
Still, she pounces at another toy. . . stops, chases her tail––again––and plops.
God, I could watch this all day long.

No comments: