Tuesday, September 24, 2019

A Moment of Clarity:

In the dimly lit corner of my study, whilst reading Eckhart Tolle, I remembered that fear is nothing more than a lack of presence.
I’ve spent the past year in a constant state of uncertainty; which is nothing new for someone like me––I’ve spent the past 20 years pursuing a job in entertainment.
As the caliber of jobs increases, so does the level of expectation; not to mention the demands from other people.
I’ve allowed the additional burdens of this brilliant career advancement to prevent me from enjoying the process.  What if I’m not good enough? What if I don’t live up to expectations? What if . . .
Thankfully, last night I woke up.  When we give into doubt, we’ve already lost.
I’ve spent my life working toward this moment; I am ready.
So I might as well give myself the space to have fun.

No comments: