Friday, May 20, 2016

Breathe, You Are Blessed.

My emotional happiness is in direct relation to my outlook;
As I sit at the airport waiting to board another flight––I fight the urge to rage.
One deep breath in and a release with a smile; which catches the attention of an older woman walking toward the gate––she smiles back.
Positive energy is contagious, I know this, and yet I forget to trust my instinct to be grateful.
Every day is a new opportunity to be a more evolved version of myself.
People always say, “enjoy the journey”, but very few people understand how to proceed.
After too many self-help books, I’m beginning to accept that every single day will be a challenge, the goal for me: how to stay present.
Sometimes it’s in a deep breath, sometimes it’s in an unconscious blog post, and sometimes it’s with alcohol.
I’m okay with that.
Today, I found peace in the fact that I have a career which allows me to follow the dreams that I’ve had since I was a young child; if that means dealing with TSA, annoying passengers, crabby flight attendants, and flying to glamorous locations like Charlotte, North Carolina––well I consider myself blessed.

No comments: