Saturday, November 19, 2011

Life Lesson Number 2,976???.... I Lost Count!

I believe that people come into our lives for a reason. Honestly, I believe everything happens for a reason...
Occasionally it's tough for me to accept this thought-
Nevertheless, I've learned that every situation in life helps shape who we are as individuals.
I have friends that I've known my entire life, who continue to encourage me to shine.
I have friends that I've known for shorter periods of time that inspire me to grow.
I have friends who come in and out of my life, but we always pick up right where we left off.
And I have friends that were never really friends, but I didn't realize it, until it was too late.
The important thing for me to remember is that all of my friends, even the enemies disguised as friends, have taught me something valuable.

I can sum it all up with the lyrics from the beautiful song For Good from the amazing musical Wicked-
"Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you, I have been changed for good."

No comments: