Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Enjoy Your Facebook Friends.

As suspected, my instinct was correct.
Despite all of my better judgment and intuition, I met up with an estranged friend in need last night.
The evening started off with his passive-aggressive behavior directed at me.
As the night continued, so did his nasty remarks and false accusations.
The evening ended with him inches away from my face, screaming
at the top of his lungs in a crowded bar in Los Angeles.
This should come as no surprise to me-
The majority of our nine year friendship revolved around his need to lash out
at the people he considered his "closest" friends.
The sad fact is, he has completely alienated everyone who actually cared about him.  
I've never met a person who could brag about having over two thousand "friends" on Facebook, while standing alone in a bar after attacking the only person who actually showed up to support him.
As I walked away, I laughed. 
I no longer care what happens to him.
Besides, he doesn't need me...
He has plenty of friends on Facebook!

No comments: