Friday, November 18, 2011

Anonymous...

Dear Anonymous,
Some people say things to your face... others only have the strength to say things behind your back. Either is fine with me.
What I'm confused by, is the type of person who lacks the character to put a name on their opinion, information or accusations.
I share my thoughts, opinions, observations, short stories, personal challenges and much more on an open blog.  I've been doing so for over two years.
If you look back through past entries, you will see that I'm very open about my proudest achievements and most venerable moments alike.
It's safe to say that I've never written anything "anonymously."  My feeling is, if you can't stand behind the words you are saying, maybe you shouldn't be saying them...
Clearly not everyone feels the same way...
I suppose in certain instances; domestic abuse, child safety and witnessing a mob crime you might not want your name attached to the police report for personal safety.
Otherwise, I think it's just lame to attack someone namelessly~
I wrote a post a few days ago about an old friend who is no longer my friend.  I didn't mention their name because, just like posting anonymously, I think publicly bashing is unnecessary. (Until now.)
The point of my blog entry: Enjoy Your Facebook Friends was not to "get back" at an old friend.  It was to release my feelings and move on.  Which is why I started blogging in the first place.
So when I received an "anonymous" reply to my post from the "friend" in question, it only solidified my original feelings:
Some people have the balls to say one thing to your face...
...and another "anonymously."
Here is a post on my public "Wall" of Facebook from the former friend written one year earlier...



























And here is the "anonymous" downfall of our friendship just over a year later...





























I will go on the record to say that I am so THANKFUL to have this delusional, self-centered, split personality, raging lunatic out of my life.  You want to act like the hero publicly and bash me "anonymously?" Too funny!
Yours Truly,
Matthew Shaffer

No comments: