Friday, January 4, 2013

ReconNEcT Working!

A new year, a new project.
Like many people, at the start of a new year, I like to set a few goals and resolutions.
Over the past four years, my commitment has included adding one creative project that I would do for the entire year.
It began as a way to stay focused on creativity and positive energy throughout the year. 
(Not just in January!)
For example, this blog.  The goal three years ago was to write a daily entry for a year to ignite my artistic flame.  It worked so well, that here I sit three years later!
This year my objective is to send one (1) handwritten note, letter or card to a friend, family member or colleague every week for a year!
We have become a society overwhelmed with email, Facebook, Twitter and texting.  Our online habits are killing human communication skills.  People stand at parties texting other people at the same party! It's nuts. 
I decided that a wonderful way to show someone you're thinking of them, would be to take the time and energy to hand-write a note and spend the money on a stamp... 
My hope is that it will bring a smile to the person on the receiving end!  In addition, it will encourage me to continue building my networking skills!  I'm calling the project:  ReconNEcT Working!
After all, everything in this world is about networking.
This week, I ReconNEcT Worked with a friend from high school.  Mike Rose and I both went to the Orange County High School of the Arts, and have continued on a similar journey.  
He has a hugely popular web series and is a wonderful performer. 
So Mike, expect a letter from me... It should get there in three to five days!

No comments: