Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Out With The Old...

…in with the healthier, more resolved me!

Isn’t it funny how we wait until the start of a new year to decide to do something good for
ourselves?

Naturally I fall victim to the idea that change can only happen in cycles;

I make lists, set goals and strive to be that better person.

Yesterday I sat down with my journal and wrote out all of the things I want to
accomplish in 2013. 

(I’ve been doing this every year for well over ten years, and I’m always focused on setting
goals that are very ambitious.)

Generally I achieve some version of most of them too!

Yet there’s still one goal I write down every year, and work toward it every year, and still
some way or another it alludes me.

So my number one goal, dream, resolution… whatever you want to call it, is to release 
every expectation I have for what the year, month, day or even minute “should” bring,
and stay active and present while “it’s” happening!”
Starting now.

Rather than reedit this blog post (like I do) to make sure it’s perfect, I’m off to join my
family and watch a movie!

Happy New Year.

May all your goals manifest exactly as they’re supposed to.


No comments: