Monday, December 16, 2019

All Set!

I get to spend the next two days working with a talented group of artists on a film set.
Overwhelmed by my schedule for the past three months, I have taken this shoot for granted.
Following a camera blocking rehearsal last night, I woke up this morning loaded with creative energy and excitement.
I’ve spent my entire life dreaming, training, and working so that I could secure opportunities like this, and here I am wishing it would be over.
Obviously, I need to refocus and refuel.  Stress has always been a destructive force in my life; up until recently, I thought it motivated me and inspired a deeper layer in my work.
Vastly wrong; since turning forty, I determined that I thrive when I am positive, calm, and confident.  Three attributes that will only manifest when I am void of drama.
Looking forward to 2020, I am purging my obsession with goals, plans, and lists.  I’m ready to live in presence, without fear.
But first, today: I’m prepared to walk onto the set and cherish the fact that I’m living my childhood dreams.

No comments: