Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Joyous Presence:

What a year. What a decade!
Marriage. Homeownership. Twice published, director. Traveling and enjoying family and friends.
Naturally, I still have dreams that I hope will manifest, but I'm ready to release the personal demands and expectations that I set in my twenties.
An abundant life full of adventure and opportunities; I have nothing left to prove and everything still to understand.
My only goal or resolution for 2020: Joyous presence.
I won't lie.  I'm incredibly nervous to let go.
I've spent twenty years working towards this life; it's time to mix it up.
There was a Zen quote that I fell in love with in my early twenties (I'm paraphrasing):
You can look and you will find it;
You can not look, and you will find it;
That which is truly yours, will surely come to you.
I thought I understood this completely; still I pushed, hustled, planned, and fought.
Surrender begins tomorrow!
Happy New Year.


No comments: