Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Final Countdown:

Another year draws to an end.
On the heels of a new decade, I'm steadying myself for a new chapter.
The past ten years brought me phenomenal adventures, epic career successes, and the monumental loss of two of the most influential people in my life.
The past year alone, alongside my husband and creative partner, I published my second book; co-directed and choreographed a sold-out professional production of Matilda; and curated a daily improvised video dance project.
The end of this year and decade also marks 3,650 daily blog entries. After losing my Grandpa Shaffer, I was inspired to be more proactive.  I dedicated myself to writing something (anything) daily, with the goal of establishing a productive habit to encourage my evolution as an artist and human.
I'm proud of my journey thus far.
I'm forty-one years old, and I have managed to achieve a version of the life that I dreamed about as a child.  I've learned to accept that situations and accomplishments aren't always what we expect them to be or feel like; I've grown to appreciate that life provides me with what I need, precisely when I need it; and I've surrendered to the fact that the only thing I can truly control is how I will react to life.
I'm ready to release the constant need for more. I relinquish the impossible demand for perfection.
In two days, I will wrap this version of life that I've been living, and make myself available for the life that has been waiting for me:
I welcome joyous presence.

No comments: