Friday, March 4, 2011

Welcome March.

It's hard to believe that another Friday afternoon is here. With that,
the start of March.
It's true what my grandpa used to say when I was growing up, "The older you get, the faster it goes..."
I'm so grateful that I can still hear his voice in my head. In fact, he is one of the primary reasons I continue to push myself everyday to create and stay focused.
I remember having long talks with him in high school. He would remind me to use my time wisely doing something I love, and to enjoy every single moment! "...life is short Mattsky."
(Mattsky was my grandpa and grandma's nickname for me growing up.)
The beginning of this year started off rocky, but by mid-February I was able to snap out of my funk, and get back on track.
I had a blast shooting an episode of a new Disney television show, enjoyed creating another parody with my creative friends and last night I pushed myself back out onto the stage to do some stand up comedy.
I always forget how nervous I get before I do stand up... Honestly, I'm past the point of fearing what might happen. I get such a rush of adrenaline once I'm up there with that microphone. Of course I'm never at a loss for words. I'm happy that I decided to take another pass at stand up. It's so much better now than five years ago when I first started doing it.
I worried so much back then about being funny or what people would think of me and my stories. Now, I just stand up there and live in that moment. It's the perfect opportunity to express myself and share my craziness to a group of people who are ready and willing to laugh at our similarities and differences.
All things considered, I think my creative juices are flowing again...
I'm looking forward to the adventures that await me in March.

No comments: