Friday, May 4, 2012

It's A Viral Birthday!

Wow! I never imagined turning thirty-four could be so much fun.
Thanks to the social media world we live in, it's hard not to feel special on your birthday...
Starting around 3 am, my iPhone alerts were off the charts;
By the time I rolled out of bed, around 8:30 am, I'd already received birthday well wishes from friends in several different countries!
You can say what you want about todays society spending less time interacting-
But today was proof to me that Facebook can also be used for good.
Who doesn't like waking up to hundreds of birthday well wishes?
I can honestly say, I felt the love of my online friends;
Some are lifelong friends, others are people I met out socially, and others are people I've never met but support my work- 
That's the beauty of a social world... 
The ability to reach out to people who make us laugh, think and inspire.
I was sincerely inspired by the energy I've experienced today!
I'm grateful today is already a Happy Birthday!

No comments: