Thursday, May 10, 2018

Keep The Faith Alive!

Lying in bed in paradise;
I woke up to a phone call from my manager.  "You've booked a small part in a film that shoots tomorrow.  ...Also, I'm pitching your next book to a huge publisher at 11:00 a.m."
The natural instinct in me was to panic and get on the phone immediate (there's a 3 hour time difference between LA, so it was 3:00 a.m) and call American Airlines to rebook a flight out of Maui.
Magically, before that imbedded response kicked in, I took a deep breath, rolled over and went back to sleep.
Only six days into my 40th year and I'm comfortable with my newfound confidence:
I will continue to create and receive opportunities when they are truly mine.
If 22 years as an artist has taught me anything, it's that despite all of the highs and lows; wins and losses; ebbs and flows––creativity will thrive when I keep the faith alive.

No comments: