Friday, May 11, 2018

That's Paradise

Yesterday––at the half way mark (but who’s keeping track) of my 40th Birthday Hawaiian getaway––I was struck with the urge to be creative.
Because I set ground rules for my vacation: no work, no hustle, no creativity, no action just pure relaxation and meditation; I quickly took note of my thought and released it.
Today, when I woke to the majestic Hawaiian sunrise over the crest of a monstrous volcanic mountain my heart and mind found peace and acceptance, while my soul was reminded that I will continue to create when I depart from paradise.
I’ve worked and pushed for so long, it often feels strange and lazy to let go and relax.  Hawaii has reminded me that it’s necessary to be still and unmotivated, to find the “nothingness” and out of that sparks a deeper state of presence.
It is in that Zen-like presence that I am recharge and invigorated; motivated to return to the creative process with a restored sense of self and newfound direction.

No comments: