Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thank You 30's; May 3rd: The Final Hours

The silent draw of the ocean in paradise;
Lost in a sea of thought, gratitude, peace, and faith:
In myself, God, The Universe, friends, family, for my career.
Half a life stands confidently behind me, more than a representation of a life well-lived; the memories, adventures, highs and lows, victories, losses, and unexpected opportunities serve as my back-up.
My personal body guard reminding me: you’ve got this!
I have no idea what’s next for me, and for the first time in my life, I love the idea that anything can happen.
It’s not for lack of dreams or goals; those have served their purpose––I’m not famous, I’m not rich, but I’m living my dream.
It’s not a loss of motivation, drive, tenacity, or creativity.
It’s simply time for me to breathe and decide what 40-year-old Matthew wants.
I’ve mastered the 9-year-old me; I crushed the 29-year-old me; and 35-year-old me nailed it; NOW it’s time to be present and thrive!

No comments: