Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Love the Icing!

Despite how crazy and wonderful the month of May was for me- it looks like June has decided to give my birthday month a run for it's money!
So I say, "Bring it on!"
I'm so beyond ready to advance to the next step on the board walk in the game of Life!
Of course, I really try to enjoy each day for what it brings. I believe that if you follow your dreams, set goals and work to accomplish them, great things can happen.
I'm just in shock that it actually happened!
It's such a validating feeling to create a piece of work or project that you are proud of, and then release it into the universe- But I have to be honest, it's even more rewarding when that project receives an overwhelming response!
I'm beside myself with gratitude and joy from all of the excellent reviews and words of encouragement we've received with our little parody!
Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, this might be the project that opens a few more doors!
The entertainment industry is unexplainable- to call it tough or bone crushing would be an understatement! In fact, I just don't think there are any words that can describe what EVERYONE who is in this business faces at least once in their career.
You never know if you're ever going to work again, so you are always trying to live in that moment, but secretly you pray that another gig will come.
Then, of course, there are the layers... i. e. I hope people like it. What will they think? How can I use this to help get me more work? Do I look okay? etc...
So- I've really spent a lot of time reminding myself that I'm in this industry because I love acting and creating... Then I surround myself with exceptional friends and family and focus on enjoying LIFE. Anything that comes as a result of my career is just the icing on the cake!
...and let me tell you: over the past four months the cake has been rich and the frosting is decadent!

No comments: